Greetings, beauties! I was reading Jessica Jade Beauty‘s blog – which you should check out – and stumbled upon the post 50 questions you’ve never been asked before. I’ve been wanting to do this post for a while, but had no time to actually for down and write it. I hope you enjoy it whilst getting to know me a little bit better! I would love all of you to try this out so we get to know each other better!
It has been almost two weeks since the second season of Stranger Things premiered on Netflix. I’ve already done a post on why you should watch the series. In this post, WHICH CONTAINS SPOILERS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!, I will be discussing some questions we have been asking throughout the two seasons, which are still unanswered. The answers which are out there may be speculations or fan theories.
Hello my beautiful friends! It’s been several days since my last post, but I’m back… and with a blogging award nomination! I would like to thank my friend Betina for nominating me.
Okoto Enigma is the creator of this award!
RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Post the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog too.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people for the same award.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird/funny question.
- If I wasn’t currently an LSA, I would be working in media or studying further something related to media
- My most prized possession(s) would probably be my non-fiction collection of books
- I was always the dumped one in a relationship
5 Questions: Answers
- Sea or forest? I love nature, and it’s going to be very hard for me to choose. Since I live on an island and the closest thing to a forest is Buskett, then I’ll choose ‘forest’
- Your favorite childhood movie? I saw a lot of movies growing up, but the ‘Home Alone’ movies with Macaulay Culkin were my sh*t. I loved him, I loved the movie plots, and I miss movies like those
- McDonalds or Burger King? Burger King for the chicken burger, McDonald’s for the rest
- You’re nr 1 on your travel bucket list? Liverpool and New York City
- First thing you do if you won 1 mill euro? Travel with half of them, the other half would go to charity
- Your favourite season in terms of fashion?
- If you were any celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- One artist/band you want to see live?
- How accurate is your star sign?
- Favourite subject when you were in school (or if you still are, your current favourite)
Back in Retail
This was unexpected for me, but I’m back in retail… part-time. Well, just for now. I’m working in a popular clothes’ shop and I’ve been doing it since the beginning of July with hopes to earn a little extra on the side to get myself my first car.
I never thought I would be back working in sales and retail. I was done with that part-time job for almost two years, but here I am… and I love it!
School in Summer…?
As if working in retail was not enough, I also have another part-time: a child supporter in one of the children centres for the next two months. I’d applied ages ago, but was only chosen (I was 62nd) Thursday 6th, and had to go sign a contract on my only day off that week: Friday.
This is my first time working in a summer school, and I hope I get to grow more as an LSA.
Making up my Mind
This month was very tough, as I’d found out I won’t be working in the same school again. The past two years were great and I fell in love with both the place and the workers there. What’s done is done now, and I need to move forward.
I applied for a few more jobs, some of which are not education-related, and I am still to decide what I want career-wise. I have put a lot of thinking these past few days since I got the bad news, but I don’t talk about it much with others. My mind is about to explode, and I speak very little about it.
But I’m doing okay… I’ve made my decision and am feeling much better now.
For some people, eating clean means being healthy and cutting down on junk food and add up the fruits and vegetables. Since I’m a junkie at heart and have probably had a total of five vegetables in my 23 years of life, I am taking a different approach to this whole clean eating thing: incorporating more and more vegetables in my diet until I can ultimately limit my junk food intake. SOunds easy? It’s not. Not for me, at least. But I’m trying, which counts.
After being contacted by Comino Magazine to be a regular collaborator, I had to accept the opportunity. “But what will happen to your blog?” It will still be here. “And you?” Yes, me too.
This is not only an opportunity to help a fellow blogger, but also myself to be a better writer and get my work out there, which is outside of my sassy, realistic and blunt blog.
The question mark is so important in this case which is why I decided to underline it. With the driving exams (practical and theory) fast approaching, which means I need to save up for a car from now (or should I have started before?!?!), I decided to get a part-time job for the summer, as a Fashion Advisor (fancy) in a popular retail shop in a popular mall in Malta. I started this week, and so far, I love it!
… But wait! I might have a day job as a Support Worker for children during summer.
Shigh. So many things, so little time.
This was an unexpected thing, but I’ve started taking fish oil vitamins. They were recommended to me by my psychiatrist to help with my concentration and memory. I’m going on week three and I’ve seen a mental transformation in relation to memory and how I process thoughts. I’ve taken vitamins before but they made me more tired and physically sick, but these are really good so far! I am taking one capsule of Pharmepa RESTORE | 1000 mg pure EPA omega-3 fish oil a day.
Earlier this week I attended an event about energy efficiency. And while the speakers discussed this issue on a more broad level, it really got me thinking: our planet is slowly dying. It’s good that conferences like this are happening all over the country, because it goes to show that someone is doing something about it… but are we?
Let’s Get Technical…
Debra Kelly on Listverse said that, “It’s no secret that our planet is in a pretty dire condition. Extinction rates have been estimated to be about 1,000 times higher than they should be, and that’s all due to human influence—and interference. With around 20,000 species at risk for extinction and countless others that we haven’t even discovered yet also dying, scientists are rushing to figure out what we can do about it. Some have suggested the sixth great mass extinction is looming on the horizon, and the problem is a massive one. It’s so big that there are things that you do every day that are helping to bring about the end of the world, and chances are that you might not even know it.”
What are we doing wrong?
These pictures from Bored Panda are just a few examples of what humans are doing that are killing the planet:
The burning of fossil fuels helps the Arctic ice melt faster
CO2 emission causes tsunamis
Cutting the trees for the white and soft toilet paper hurts the forests
Plastic pollutes the water that we drink
Meat and dairy industry pollutes the air
Heating our homes heats the Earth as well
Irresponsible usage of electricity causes the floods
The Greenhouse Effect
The exchange of incoming and outgoing radiation that warms the Earth is often referred to as the greenhouse effect because a greenhouse works in much the same way.
Incoming UV radiation from the Sun easily passes through the glass walls of a greenhouse and is absorbed by the plants and hard surfaces inside. Weaker IR (infrared) radiation, however, has difficulty passing through the glass walls and is trapped inside, thus warming the greenhouse. This effect lets tropical plants thrive inside a greenhouse, even during a cold winter.
So imagine what we are doing to our planet with the greenhouse effect… The Sun’s heat passes through the ozone layer, through the cracks of it, and the heat is trapped within it. Ice caps are melting, natural disasters are at an all time high and temperatures are soaring high (and if you live in either Malta or the UK, you know what this is!).
What can we do to help save the planet?
I’ll admit that “save” is an interesting word choice, especially considering many scientists think that we are beyond saving after the environmental devastation we have put Earth through thus far. However, as an optimist, I believe every little bit counts and we can still make this planet a beautiful place, and hopefully save its creatures from impending doom. The choices we each make today are important.
This article is very informative if YOU want to help our planet stay alive.
1. What’s your favorite candle scent?
Anything that has jasmines smells soooo damn good to me.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Jennifer Lawrence, because who else?
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
Probably John Lennon. He’s cool.
4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I don’t have a particular age in mind, nor do I want to get married to my boyfriend – I prefer a long relationship than marriage – but maybe sometime before we hit 30 years old.
5. Do you know a hoarder?
Before I spring-cleaned my room a few months ago, no. After that, yes: myself. I had all sorts of things dating over ten years. TEN. YEARS.
6. Can you do the splits?
Nope. Not now or before or ever.
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike?
… I never did.
8. How many oceans have you swam in?
Just the Mediterranean Sea in three different countries: Malta, Gozo and Sicily.
9. How many countries have you been to?
Tunisia, Spain, France, Sicily, Italy, England, Budapest, Austria… so that’s eight.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
Anything Beatles-related – Julia, Michelle, Jude, Cynthia, Eleanor, Belle, Ebony, Stella and a lot more that cannot come to mind – and I also like Emma, Coraline, Dharla, Olivia, Lyla, Daisy, Lily, Daria, Dhalia and Emily.
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
Like the previous answer, anything Beatles-related – John, Paul, George, Harrison, Lennon, Mccartney, Julian, Dhani, Sean, Zak, Daniel, Michel and a lot more that cannot come to mind – and I also like Daniel, Noah, Kurt, Axl, Jimmy, Oliver, Logan and Alexander.
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
Between 30 and 50 in Math.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
That’s a long list, but anything I saw on Disney Channel, Power Rangers and anything I watched before I went to school (which were all Italian dubbed).
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
Nothing. In Malta, we only started celebrating Halloween in the past ten years
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I’m currently on the third book of the Harry Potter series… is that bad? The rest no, and not interested.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
British… preferably Scouse or Irish.
18. Did your mother go to college?
19. Are your grandparents still married?
Yes, even though one grandpapa passed away.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No, but I’d like to try!
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
22. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to?
I think it’s one in Tunisia, over 10 years ago.
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
I used to be very fluent in French, but after I stopped studying it, I forgot how to speak it, so I’d like to re-start. I’d also like to speak Irish.
24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
No, almost though!
26. Do you know triplets?
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
Titanic, all the way!
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
I don’t think I have.
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?
Hard Rock Cafe, hell yes!
30. Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
We don’t have one in my country.
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, BJ’s, etc.)?
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I asked this to my mum yesterday because I never really asked about this, and she told me they never really had a boy’s name in mind because they’ve always wanted a girl. But then she said that dad always loved Michel.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Never really had one. But I used to be called Marshmallow back in secondary school because I had an obsession with them.
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world?
My mother. She’s the absolute best person. And my boyfriend and BFF (I haven’t forgotten about you loves!).
35. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
Rural. I love peace and silence.
36. Can you whistle?
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
I used to, but not anymore. Although my AC’s temperature is digital with a bright white LED display so hypothetically yes. I sleep with a nightlight.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
Yes, anxiety and vitamins for concentration.
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Crippling anxiety, social anxiety, depression and mild OCD.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Twice, if you count the day I was born.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Uhhhhhhh, who hasn’t?!
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
New Look, Peacocks, Centro Moda, Matalan…
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
“Cutie” – from my boyfriend ❤
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Most of the time, yes.
46. What flavor tea do you enjoy?
English breakfast, medium flavour strength.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Over 10… 15, 16?
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
I’m more a spiritual than religious person even though I was raised as one. I’ll teach my children what is right and wrong and I will respect whatever religion they want to practise.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I don’t remember, but I was relieved because I was dead scared of him.
50. Why do you have a blog?
Apart from always wanting to have one, I wanted to spread awareness on mental health and body positivity and equality and love around me.
I hope you got to know me better with this tag!
I know waaay too many bloggers, so if you’re one of them…
YOU’VE BEEN TAGGED!