Hello my Internet friends! As you can tell from the title, this is a 30-day movie challenge which I will be doing in one day because I’m a rebel and don’t follow the rules, so here goes!
I hope you enjoy reading this and maybe you will find out about new movies 🙂
For those who do not know, I work in the Education industry as what most people call a Specialist Teacher. In my country, we are called LSAs, an abbreviation for Learning Support Assistant. This summer, I worked for the first time as a Child Support Worker during summer school.
In case you were wondering, no, this isn’t my first job, and haven’t been doing this for long. In fact, I only started in late January of last year. So I’m not really an expert in this area, but I’m willing to give you a lowdown on what it’s like to work in education.
Goooooooood afternoon my beautiful friends! And welcome to yet another wishlist. Can you tell I’m a dreamer with all these wishlists? I bet! Today’s wish list was brought to you by the great people from Banggood.
I’ll be honest, I’d never bought from this website before, but after seeing the things they sell, I made this wishlist with all the things I found amazing from the website.
Banggood is currently celebrating their 11th anniversary, and have these bomb promotional activities going on:
- Flash deal
- Main venue
- Fashion deal
So without further ado, here is my wishlist…
/// Number 13 is a bonus because it took me a while to decide between which dress to include, whether it was number 12 or 13… so I made the decision to include both!
As usual, I included a variety of items, spanning from clothes and beauty products to jewellery and accessories. Which of these items did you like? Check out their promotional links above for amazing offers for their eleventh anniversary!
There were two major things that happened during the month of August, one of which is probably the opportunity of a lifetime…!
Hands down the biggest opportunity to date involving my blog is when I was asked by the Network of Young Women Leaders to take part in an exhibition in collaboration with the amazeball that is Steven Levi Vella called #IamARTEMISIA. For those who don’t know who Artemisia is, you can read her story here.
Being ong of the 100 ‘Remarkable Women’ that came from all backgrounds and occupations made me so proud of being alive in that moment. I also struck a conversation with one of my inspirations, Tamara Webb, who’s a popular local photographer/fitness queen, who was also part of the exhibition herself. Check out the selfie I took with her here!
Retail no MORE!
I know what you’re thinking… wasn’t it just last month that you started working in retail? And you already gave up?! Let me stop you there: I haven’t given up. I needed some money to help me with my car lessons, which are soon coming to an end as I will be applying for both the theory and practical tests very soon, and the rest of the money that I was saving over the past several months is going towards the Car Fund (ie. to buy my first car!)
But a lot happened… I was working during the day from 8am til 1pm with children. Okay, so that’s only 5 hours for you, but imagine five hours of running after 6-year old children who think you are a zombie and so keep pretend-punching you all over your body to pretend-kill you.
Yeah. Thought so.
So after a month, I had to say goodbye to the staff I worked with, who were super nice and understanding about my situation. I explained that the day job had to take priority over the evening job because it could boost my full-time job résumé.
Dogs and Horses
If I had to describe Thursday 24th August on one word, it would be: HEAVEN. I had an outing with my students and two other classes at the Dog & Mount Services, located in Mosta and Marsa respectively.
Those who know me know I am OBSESSED with animals, especially dogs. I never had a dog as a pet, but my bestfriend has had around six during our 12-year friendship, and I get along with them really well (except for Satan, hehehehe), and 50% of my Instagram feed is dogs and baby animals, so… yeah.
Anyways, back on topic: we saw all the service dogs there, most of which were super nice, and then two policemen showed us some tricks… and I managed to take a few photos of the lovely dogs in action! The students enjoyed this a lot too.
Afterwards, we went to Marsa to visit the police horses in their stables… and I managed to feed two of the horses! And, while there, they had around five dogs (not police dogs, they were found roaming the streets and the Police there decided to keep all five!) and they were so friendly that none of the children were scared of them. They actually played with them the whole time we were there!
So this is what happened during the month of August! September is going to be a good one from what I can sense, so follow my blog and subscribe to my mailing list to hear about the rest of the months and my other posts!
Depression is often very misunderstood. Some believe it means simply being sad and unmotivated, when in reality, the symptoms of depression often have a way of infiltrating everything, from the smallest, most unsuspecting details, to the biggest, most significant aspects. And trying to explain this often feels like trying to hold onto water.
I did a lot of research on this, both as a curious person and a sufferer of mental health illnesses, which is why it took me over two weeks to publish it.
By opening the dialogue and trying to put words to these symptoms, we can continue to deepen our understanding and unveil the misunderstanding that leads to stigma.
Here is what I found out:
- Wanting to say what’s on your mind, but can’t explain it, so you just cry because you don’t even know what you’re feeling
- The exhaustion is equally mental as it is physical. Mental exhaustion from having to apologize for who you are, from trying to convince yourself you deserve to be alive. The physical and mental exhaustion from living in general
- The black hole felt in the core of being. It sucks in life, motivation, concentration, etc. It’s drowning in the the ocean in the middle of a tempest
- Not showering, combing your hair, brushing your teeth or changing clothes for a long time. Basically, all hygiene just goes out the window
- When having an episode but you are not so far gone, and part of your rational mind is telling you there’s no reason to feel that way, yet the dark part of your mind still won’t release its grip
- You can see and take in your surroundings, but you don’t feel a part of it, as if in a dream
- When you’re depressed, your ability to feel joy from the things you normally love fades, but the worst days are the days where you are so numb you can barely even feel compassion or empathy
- Your aching body from staying still all day, whether from laying in bed or just sitting. People think people with depression are just lazy for doing so
- Disassociation. When you are so depressed and consumed you are no longer yourself. It feels like you are in a videogame. There is no emotional connection to reality
- When you are so tired you do not manage to get to places in time. It takes you a lot of energy to get up, get ready and go
- Not knowing that something is wrong in the early stage, and hurting other people with your behavior, and this is of course not done on purpose. This results in people accusing you of the things caused by the illnesses you could not control
- The amount of migraines you struggle with when you go through depressive episodes which makes dealing with everything a million times harder
- Anger, agitation, irritability and the feeling of having little to no self-control. This often gets to a point where you cannot bottle it up anymore, and you go down a downward spiral over the simplest, smallest of things because you cannot manage your emotions. Basically, depression is anger turned inwards
- Thinking depression will be passed on to your children, and you cannot explain this because it is not tangible. Fact: children are more likely to develop mental health problems if their parents experienced them
- This one is for the ladies: your period reacts to your emotional stress level and depression can cause you so much stress because people don’t understand, your period sometimes either stops or it just keeps going and becomes super irregular and painful
- You are not able to talk and voice your thoughts because depression makes you believe your opinion does not matter
- Sometimes you think: am I just exhausted because of my sleep schedule? Or because my mind hasn’t stopped working or stressing for days? That constant need to rationalize your mental health makes the depression symptoms even worse
- Preoccupation. Depression can make you preoccupy yourself with game apps and simple things I know I can do or change because I feel that I can’t change or control anything else in my life
- Promiscuity. You get so down and depressed you just want to do anything to feel better, even though you hurt yourself at the same time
- The internal frustration that you are too scared, guilty or embarrassed to speak out because there is still so much stigma and lack of services, and people who say they are there for you when actually they aren’t. So you just end up drowning in your own thoughts and your depression or anxiety worsens
- Paranoia. You think that people are getting annoyed with you and the awful symptoms
- One minute you’re having fun with your friends and family, and then it hits you hard and begin to shut down without an explanation, nothing to have triggered it. Suddenly you have trouble enjoying yourself with people you are happy around
- Foggy thinking, making it impossible to concentrate or remember anything
- Gaining weight because you don’t know what else to do. Or the weight loss because you are just not hungry and don’t have the energy to cook
- You’re guilty all the time. Hurting friends and family, lying about why you can’t do something or go somewhere, not going to work, staying in bed all day, not taking proper care of your responsibilities… It’s consuming and never ending
- The uncertainty. You don’t know if you’re going to wake up in the same horrid mood, a worse or better one. Not knowing if one day you’re going to stop functioning. Not knowing whether you will be able to keep your job while keeping your head above water
- Cancelling plans last minute, having your friends and family think you don’t love then when this occurs constantly
- You don’t know if your thoughts are real of just effects of depression feeding you lies. You feel betrayed by your own brain and you’re not able to distinguish the true and depressive thoughts
- The need to put on an act so everyone thinks you are OK, but inside you feel worthless. Sometimes you just want to shout that you are suffering and cannot cope, but you’re made to feel like you are not allowed to show weakness. The exhaustion and the physical pain caused by holding back tears because you have to appear to function well at home, at work and in social situations
- Not knowing how to explain why you are depressed. People constantly ask you “What’s making you depressed?” or “Why are you depressed?”. It’s hard to keep saying that you have no clue. Because if you knew, you would have loved telling them and fix it, but it’s tough… you just don’t know why. You just are
- Awareness. Awareness of all the things that are wrong, but the inability to fix any of it
- The physical and emotional pain and weariness and feeling like you have to apologize for all of it. It’s exhausting!
- Wanting to put yourself in dangerous situations. Depression isn’t always about laying in your bed, it also can be the urge to be self-destructive. People don’t talk about this because it’s a kind of a grey space. You’re not really suicidal, but you have a kind of urge to put yourself in dangerous situation
- When you’re typically a super responsible, organized person, and you slowly feel all of it start to unravel. You start showing up late to work, falling behind on tasks, stop eating, start praying that your kids (if you have them) won’t notice and you put on that fake smile and try to keep it all together. Through tears and self-doubt, you pull through for them because they need you
- Thinking you’re no longer in love with the love of your life. Becoming paranoid of them thinking they’re bad for you. It causes the partner to feel unloved, no matter if you still say ‘I love you,’ they can feel it
- When every decision, no matter how small or big, becomes an insurmountable burden because of your indecisive mind. Then the guilt of having made a decision that always seems to be the wrong one. And then more guilt that makes you think you are useless to anyone in the world including yourself
- Selfishness. You tend to isolate yourself and put your depression first, and the rest second. Depression takes the spotlight, and everyone and everything else is in the backseat
- Constipation. Whether it’s because of something bad you ate, the medication or because all you do is sleep. It takes you weeks to start getting back to normal, and nothing prolongs the cloud in your head than feeling bloated and sick on top of lack of motivation and self-deprecation
It is important to remember that no matter how much you are struggling or how overwhelming your symptoms may feel, you are never alone and you are worthy and deserving of help.
Related post: Zaful Wishlist / Shein Wishlist
Like I did with Zaful and Shein, I decided to create a wishlist from Romwe, another website that sells fashionable yet oh-so VERY fashionable clothes, shoes and accessories. The links to the objects I chose for my wishlist are in order of the pictures.
I decided to broaden my wishlist to not just articles of clothing, but also accessories. Usually when I search for clothes I search for simple, plain colours/patterns. But since it’s about time to start experimenting with fashion (I am 23 and not getting any younger), I also mixed things up with more colours and patterns.
The most you will see are florals. I am falling in love more each day with this print and have more floral printed clothes than I should have. I am also loving culottes, even though I am yet to own my first pair.
What do YOU like from Romwe? Anything I should consider to buy? Let me know in the comments below!