No, no. I’m not talking about pressing the ‘Delete’ button on my old texts or Facebook posts. Or that I am somehow and miraculously going to erase my past…
Well it kinda is. But it’s far more different than that.
It’s my things.
So clothes, books, accessories, trinkets and things like those fall under this category. I never admitted this to anyone, but I was once an impulse buyer. Not of the expensive things, just things. Why? I think it’s because I thought if I had those things they might make me somehow cooler. Or more “myself”.
And before you say that I’m trying to be minimalistic like the vast majority of the bloggers and vloggers out there, let me stop you there. I have so many prized possessions – from books to merchandise and souvenirs – that I think I’d be the worst minimalistic Minimalist to ever walk this Earth.
Over this first year of recovery, I did multiple declutters… “friends”, emails, documents, social media, apps, photos, and much more. Now it’s time to do a physical declutter. So I’ll be selling my things on Depop. I’d done so much donating over the past few years, and right now I’m having some financial issues.
My goal is to sell my things and make just enough money to buy myself a camera for the blog. Now some answers to the questions you might be thinking of asking:
- Yes. I do have a job. I’m a TA.
- No, I no longer spend as much as I used to.
- Yes, I do know how to save money, thank you very much. It just never seems enough to get me by the month.
- My monthly fees include phone bills, doctor appointments, medications, 3-5 card lessons, transportation card, resources for work, photocopies for work, and many little bits and bobs that can easily amount to a lot of money.
- I need the camera for both my blog and travelling.
- No, I don’t have time for a side job, expect if it involves writing, because if so I’m up for it!
- Are you thinking about me setting up some charity case for my camera? Because I would… but then again, who would donate for a camera for a blogger whose followers don’t exceed a three-digit number?
So as a thaks for anyone who follows my blog, I will be giving a 10% discount if they want to buy something from Depop. How? Simply let me know your favourite post and/or leave a message with BLOGLOVE10 and you’re set!
So that’s it from me, see you on the flip side!
PS. I was also thinking of setting up requests for proofreading things and maybe writing pieces for a small amount of money? What do you think? Do I need a degree to proofread something? Let me know as I’m clueless about this.